Senior Java Engineer
Job code 628
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Full Stack Developer with expertise in Java development to join a new team which will deliver innovative solutions to our customers. Experienced, skillful and dynamic person, someone who takes ownership and is committed to doing great things and to helping our customers achieve their goals.
This role involves you working with one of our key customers in the transport technology space who has invested heavily, over the past 3 years, in their first market opportunity by funding academic research and commercial technology product development. They have contracted first customers and are busy delivering MVP to those customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Working in collaboration with a core team of 5 engineers
- Close collaboration with our customer - as a trusted capable advisor and team member that can be counted on to deliver - sprint after sprint
- Design, develop, and unit-test in accordance with established standards
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Perform strong and constructive code reviews
- 5+ years proven experience developing multi-tier software solutions
- A collaborative approach to finding solutions - value direct communication with customers rather than tools and processes
- Has the confidence to challenge decisions when needed and propose alternatives, both to the team and the customer
- Friendly, motivating, humble - a "let’s do it" team player
- Skilled at performing code reviews with Gerrit/Git/GitHub
- Display strong technical/architectural understanding
- High level of innovative thinking and self-motivation to drive results
- Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- 5+ years of professional experience in Java development projects
- Good knowledge of Java Design Patterns
- Experienced in creating Single Page Web Applications using React
- Experience in creating server-side components using NodeJS
- Design and development of software application stacks into Kubernetes
- Experience tuning Application Logic/JVM/Docker containers for optimized performance in a distributed, containerized environment
- Track Record of practicing TDD using tools like Cucumber, Jest, Junit
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experienced in Microservices development
- Knowledge of API design patterns and standards
- Kubernetes implementation experience
- Knowledge of AWS cloud (Route53, IAM, S3, Batch, EKS)
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team
- Proficient in Linux
- Experience with: Graph Hopper, Argo Workflows, GitLab CI/CD, MariaDB, Swagger
- Experience with automated unit and integration tests
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible working-from-home policy
- Market leading Pension Package
- Health & Life Insurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Innovative and challenging work culture
- Fantastic central location
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hearing from you!
We are a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, located in the heart of Dublin City. From banking to Telecoms, from train stations to space stations, we enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, we equip our clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud. Our employees get an opportunity to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.