Senior Project Manager
Job code S043
Fixed Term Contract ( 12months)
The project manager will work as part of a team contributing to the maintenance and development of important country wide transport services. Under normal circumstances the role will require working on the customer site. The scope of the role encompasses end-to-end management responsibility for individual projects and larger programmes as well as interacting with senior customer management. Due to the on-going pandemic, the work will initially be remote until such times as the customer determines, in accordance with regulatory requirements, that a return to office is safe.
The role is a great opportunity to help improve front line transport services for Ireland while providing opportunities to develop and progress your career.
The role is based at our customer site in Dublin city centre.
- Project manage and facilitate the various strands of work that are required in order to deliver projects:
- Prepare detailed plans in MS Project
- Track actual progress in MS Project
- Keep track of planned v actual expenditure
- Oversee associated testing and release management for the above
- Liaising with local authorities on an on-going basis with a view to ensuring that any required project controls/reports etc. are adequately catered for.
- Monitoring of metrics appropriate to relevant SLAs/contracts and actioning where required.
- Updating CIO and Commercial Manager and relevant committee members on progress and key issues on projects.
- Handling any other appropriate duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Full IT project life cycle experience, preferably in the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) industry and/or the Transport Sector and will have delivered several high profile projects.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with public bodies and local authorities
- Competitive salary
- On the job training in a broad range of skills in our skills library
- Staff technical talks.
We are a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, located in the heart of Dublin City. From banking to Telecoms, from train stations to space stations, we enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, we equip our clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud. Our employees get an opportunity to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.