DB DevOps Engineer
Job Code: 604
Our teams are part of an expanding global-scale innovation project, creating automation services to speed up R&D work for thousands of engineers. Teams are cross-functional and we promote and welcome regular knowledge sharing, while also having the opportunity to broaden your exposure and knowledge continuously.
We are looking for a person with a hands-on approach and willingness to contribute to all required tasks. Skillful and dynamic person, someone who takes ownership of their deliverables, experienced working with agile software development, multiple stakeholders at various levels and ideally with previous experience with complex and large-scale systems.
- Work on development items in current sprint according to directions from architects and team lead
- Monitor database performance including tables, indexes, error logs
- Work with the client to understand database requirements and plan capacity.
- Participate in daily standups as well as backlog refinement, sprint planning and retrospective sessions
- Assist with fixing bugs and continuous improvement of existing solution
- Proactively suggesting improvements of the existing solution
- +5 years of professional experience in development projects
- Experience with relational databases: MySql, PostgreSQL, MariaDB
- Experience in scaling database clusters, preferably Galera Cluster
- Experience with message queue tools: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Understand technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, networking and security best practices for database connectivity.
- Scripting and development languages: Python, Bash, Java
- Experience with source control tools: Git, GitLab, Gerrit.
- Knowledge of the entire software lifecycle (Development, Build, Test, Integration).
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with automated unit and integration tests
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong analytical skills and solution-driven approach
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working-from-home policy
- Market leading Pension Package
- Health & Life Insurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Innovative and challenging work culture
- Fantastic central location
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hearing from you!
Ammeon is an IT Services & Solutions company providing comprehensive, bespoke solutions with specialities in cutting edge technologies across DevOps Architecture, Cloud, Agile and Automation. We are a Irish-owned company, with offices located in Dublin (Ireland) and Bucharest (Romania) of over 200 employees and growing, with a proven record of successfully delivering solutions across telecoms, banking, autonomous vehicles, AI and more.
Our unique capabilities enable you to scale your business - we provide the expertise so you can focus on what matters to you.
For over 15 years our clients, as diverse as Irish start-ups and Fortune 500 companies, has benefited from our unique consulting and technology capabilities.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.