Job code 590
Our teams play an important part in an expanding global-scale innovation project, creating automation services to speed up R&D work for over 40k developers. Teams are cross-functional and we promote and welcome regular knowledge sharing, while also having the opportunity to broaden your exposure and knowledge continuously.
We are seeking a Java Software Engineer open to transferring their Java skills towards the exciting new area of Kotlin Development, with a hands-on approach and willingness to contribute to all tasks within the team. A skillful and dynamic person, someone who takes ownership of their deliverables, experienced working with agile software development, multiple stakeholders at various levels and ideally with previous experience with complex and large-scale systems.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Participate in daily standups as well as backlog refinement, sprint planning and retrospective sessions
- Work on development items in current sprint according to directions from architects, senior developers and team lead
- Assist with fixing bugs and continuous improvement of existing code base
- Proactively suggesting improvements of the existing codebase
- Assist with maintaining and improving the deployment and monitoring of the developed applications
- 3+ years of professional experience in Java development projects
- Excellent knowledge of Java, understanding of Kotlin is an advantage
- Willingness to move towards Kotlin development
- Good knowledge of Java Design Patterns
- Experience using and developing new APIs;
- Scripting languages: Python, Bash
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (Jenkins or similar)
- Experience with source control tools: Git, GitLab, Gerrit.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum tea
- Experience with automated unit and integration tests
- Experience with relational databases and/or NoSQL
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Portal / UX development experience with Java, e.g. Vaadin, Akka
- Strong analytical skills and solution-driven approach
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working-from-home policy
- Market leading Pension Package
- Health & Life Insurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Innovative and challenging work culture
- Fantastic central location
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilise your Java expertise and take the step towards the exciting new world of Kotlin development.
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hearing from you - make your application today!
Ammeon is an IT Services & Solutions company providing comprehensive, bespoke solutions with specialities in cutting edge technologies across DevOps Architecture, Cloud, Agile and Automation. We are a Irish-owned company, with offices located in Dublin (Ireland) and Bucharest (Romania) of over 200 employees and growing, with a proven record of successfully delivering solutions across telecoms, banking, autonomous vehicles, AI and more.
Our unique capabilities enable you to scale your business - we provide the expertise so you can focus on what matters to you.
For over 15 years our clients, as diverse as Irish start-ups and Fortune 500 companies, has benefited from our unique consulting and technology capabilities.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.