Job code: 540-1
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in Python Development to join a new team at a senior capacity, as part of an expanding global-scale innovation project, creating automation services to speed up R&D work for over 40k developers.
We are looking for an experienced, skillful and dynamic person capable of taking ownership of their deliverables, is committed to building high quality, extensible code and who has experience working with agile software development. You will engage with multiple stakeholders at various levels and ideally have previous experience with complex and large-scale systems.
Team lead experience is an advantage but not essential, along with taking an active role as Scrum Master on occasion.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Design, develop, and unit-test services, using Python language in accordance with established standards.
- Design and maintain network related automation services.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical expertise to teammates through coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits. Perform strong and constructive code reviews.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects and customer stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain automation services.
- Assist Technical Product Manager in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, work plans and backlog prioritization.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Present teams achievements in sprint demos between teams of the same organization.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Assist Technical Writer in the preparation of reports, manuals and other documentation.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Keep up to date with the market trends, making sure your team is on good shape, while customer benefits from the continuous learnings.
You will have the following experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Python software development, operating at Senior Engineer level.
- 4+ years of experience working in Agile SW development
- Skilled at performing code reviews with Gerrit/Git/Github.
- Proven experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions
- Display strong technical/architectural understanding
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
- Friendly, motivating, humble, let’s do it team player.
- High level of innovative thinking and self-motivation to drive results
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Interest towards knowledge sharing
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
- Proficiency in test automation and passion for TDD
- Git / Gerrit based development flow
- Understand the need and come up with a solution and plan to implement it.
- DevOps practices: Continuous Integration + Continuous Deployment, Jenkins
- Passion for Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of Java or Kotlin languages is an advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Some knowledge of network with focus on Python scripting to configure and control IT infrastructure
- Proficient in Linux.
- Product development knowledge and product life cycle management knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fully remote start working from home during COVID-19
- Market leading Pension Package
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Health & Life Insurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Flexible working-from-home policy
- Learning and development opportunities
- Innovative and challenging work culture
- Fantastic central location
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hear from you!
Ammeon is an IT Services & Solutions company providing comprehensive, bespoke solutions with specialities in cutting edge technologies across DevOps Architecture, Cloud, Agile and Automation. We are a wholly-Irish-owned company of over 200 employees and growing, with a proven record of successfully delivering solutions across telecoms, banking, autonomous vehicles, AI and more.
We enable companies to scale their business using the expertise that Ammeon provides.
For over 15 years our clients, as diverse as Irish start-ups and Fortune 500 companies, has benefited from our unique consulting and technology capabilities.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.