Job code: 540
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Python) to join a new team, as part of an expanding global-scale innovation project that will contribute to the creation of customer solutions. We are looking for an experienced, skilful and dynamic person, someone who takes ownership of their deliverables is committed to building high quality, extensible code and who has experience working with agile software development, multiple stakeholders at various levels and ideally with previous experience with complex and large-scale systems.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Developing existing and new software architectures, applications and solutions
- Develop/integrate/automate software environment, in close collaboration with multiple development and design teams as well as internal stakeholders
- Provide technical/architectural expertise within your own team
- Operationalize open-source software components by integrating monitoring, security, and reliability functionality
- Interact with and engage the user community (internal customers, software engineers, QA & Testing teams, DevOps engineers)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- Proven experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions
- Display strong technical/architectural understanding
- High level of innovative thinking and self-motivation to drive results
- Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills in a global environment
- Interest towards knowledge sharing
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
- Fluent in Python and its ecosystem
- Passion for Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Proficient in Linux
- Git / Gerrit based development flow
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience working in Agile SW development
- Proficiency in test automation and passion for TDD
- Preferably OSS, cloud and virtualization domain experience
- Product development knowledge and product lifecycle management knowledge
- DevOps practices: Continuous Integration + Continuous Deployment, Jenkins.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Market leading Pension Package
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Health & Life Insurance
- Fantastic central location
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Innovative and challenging work culture
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hear from you!
Ammeon is an IT Services & Solutions company providing comprehensive, bespoke solutions with specialities in cutting edge technologies across DevOps Architecture, Cloud, Agile and Automation. We are a wholly-Irish-owned company of over 200 employees and growing, with a proven record of successfully delivering solutions across telecoms, banking, autonomous vehicles, AI and more.
We enable companies to scale their business using the expertise that Ammeon provides.
For over 15 years our clients, as diverse as Irish start-ups and Fortune 500 companies, has benefited from our unique consulting and technology capabilities.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.