Job code: 540-1
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join and lead a new team, as part of an expanding global-scale innovation project, creating automation services to speed up R&D work for over 40k developers. We are looking for an experienced, skilful and dynamic person, someone who takes ownership of their deliverables, is committed to building high quality, extensible code and who has experience working with agile software development, multiple stakeholders at various levels and ideally with previous experience with complex and large-scale systems. Team lead experience is a must and Scrum Master role in practice is an advantage.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Design, develop, and unit-test services, in accordance with established standards.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship. Raise the bar and lead by example.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits. Perform strong and constructive code reviews.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects and customer stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain automation services.
- Assist Technical Product Manager in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, work plans and backlog prioritization.
- Assist Technical Writer in the preparation of reports, manuals and other documentation
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Present teams achievements in sprint demos between teams of the same organization.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Keep up to date with the market trends, making sure your team is on good shape, while customer benefits from the continuous learnings.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
- Experience leading teams, coaching, mentoring team members.
- Friendly, motivating, humble, let’s do it team player.
- Skilled at performing code reviews with Gerrit/Git/Github.
- Proven experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions
- Display strong technical/architectural understanding
- High level of innovative thinking and self-motivation to drive results
- Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills in a global environment
- Interest towards knowledge sharing
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
- Fluent in Python, Kotlin/Java.
- Passion for Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Proficient in Linux.
- Git / Gerrit based development flow
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of experience working in Agile SW development
- Proficiency in test automation and passion for TDD
- Preferably OSS, cloud and virtualization domain experience
- Product development knowledge and product lifecycle management knowledge
- Architectural skills, enterprise design pattern skills
- Understand the need and come up with a solution and plan to implement it.
- DevOps practices: Continuous Integration + Continuous Deployment, Jenkins.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Market leading Pension Package
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Health & Life Insurance
- Fantastic central location
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Innovative and challenging work culture
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hear from you!
Ammeon is an IT Services & Solutions company providing comprehensive, bespoke solutions with specialities in cutting edge technologies across DevOps Architecture, Cloud, Agile and Automation. We are a wholly-Irish-owned company of over 200 employees and growing, with a proven record of successfully delivering solutions across telecoms, banking, autonomous vehicles, AI and more.
We enable companies to scale their business using the expertise that Ammeon provides.
For over 15 years our clients, as diverse as Irish start-ups and Fortune 500 companies, has benefited from our unique consulting and technology capabilities.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.