This 2 day Business Agility Workshop you will use simulations to engage the intuitive as well as the rational brain while learning about the foundations of business agility.
Date: 21st & 22nd November, 2018
Location: Ammeon Learning Centre, O’Connell Bridge House, Dublin 2
It is more than scaling agile (development) practices. It is more than the sum of different organisational units that each implement their own chosen agile method on their own little island, constrained by a traditional management system. It is a different way of thinking about agility.
BUSINESS AGILITY WORKSHOP WILL GIVE YOU:
– New ways of teaching and coaching agility that engages and mobilizes all levels of the organisation (including decision makers) across all functions (not just IT or software development).
– A different way of thinking about change where agility spreads virally through the (informal) network. – Agile thinking at scale to develop unique capabilities to thrive in an ever-changing and highly competitive business landscape .
- ENTERPRISE FLOW that balances supply with demand from team to portfolio level,
- NETWORKED COLLABORATION where highly engaged teams work, decide and learn together in a network,
- ORGANISATIONAL LEARNING where experience and experiment complement each other,
DAY 1 – CORE AGILE CAPABILITIES
- Explore flow, collaboration and learning as core agile capabilities as opposed to methods and practices that do not scale
- Learn how to use simulation as a way of teaching and coaching the core agile capabilities in a way that inspires action not just talk
- Experience how to teach agility at all levels and across all functions (not just IT) in the organisation
DAY 2 – SCALED AGILE THINKING
- Learn about enterprise flow, networked collaboration and organisational learning as the core capabilities for business agility
- Use simulation to explore scaling problems including cross-team dependencies and balancing demand with supply in end-to-end flow
- Explore the use of Customer Kanban to manage capacity downstream, and triage and order points to shape demand upstream. Apply what has been learned in the context of agile portfolio management.
Who the workshop is targeted at?
The workshop is intended for agile coaches and practitioners who want to engage business as well as IT (including decision makers) in their agile initiatives. It is a must for coaches and trainers who want to use Okaloa Flowlab in their own training and workshops.
Patrick Steyaert of Okaloa, a principal lean agile coach with extensive experience in practicing Kanban, will be your workshop facilitator. Patrick received a Brickell Key Award in 2015 as a recognition for his contributions to the Kanban community. Patrick is one of the first, and only Belgian, Lean Kanban University accredited trainers. He is also a regular speaker at Kanban and agile conferences.